The Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce was chartered in July of 1964 with only 18 members based upon a recommendation by the Board of City Development in May of 1964.The Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce is a great organization that is always looking for new and inventive ways to improve our businesses, our community and our quality of life.
If we can help you, or if you have some great ideas, please contact us soon!
Staff & Board
President: Patrick Fahy
Past President: Ryan Strebeck
Terms Expiring 2022
Terms Expiring 2023
Terms Expiring 2024
Karen Hunt, Executive Director
Cynthia Delgado, Director of Member Services/CVB
Joanna Martinez, Membership & Community Liaison
Sweetwater and Nolan County Chamber of Commerce, DBA “The Chamber”, is a nonprofit organization 260+ members strong with the mission to promote, develop, and improve the economy as well as the quality of life in Sweetwater and Nolan County. Chartered in 1964, The Chamber is governed by a volunteer board of 12 directors each serving three year terms and elected by The Chamber membership.
An Executive Director and staff are employed to take care of the needs of its membership, recruit new members, promote businesses, assist visitors through the visitor’s bureau, and tend to the details of many events hosted by The Chamber annually. The Chamber offices are located at 810 East Broadway in the beautifully maintained historic “Simmons House.” Listed on the Texas Historical Landmark registry, the Simmons House is a true icon and asset to our community.
WHAT WE DO
The Chamber was established to assist and improve local businesses by fostering economic opportunities, supporting community endeavors, and bettering the quality of life in Sweetwater and the Nolan County communities. Here are a few ways we serve our community:
- New local businesses are promoted through ribbon cuttings and grand openings.
- Existing members are supported through networking opportunities, such as monthly coffees, “after hours” for young professionals, annual campaigns to shop local, and the annual chamber banquet hosted each fall.
- Multiple media outlets, including local radio, newspaper, television, Facebook, Instagram, email, mail, store front flyer distributions, visible signage, monthly newsletters, and our website are used to provide promotional opportunities that highlight member news and community events.
- Our governing board of directors approves funding to organizations able to bring tourism revenues to our hotels and merchants, boosting the local economy through the Convention and Visitors Bureau. Sponsored events have included the annual Rattlesnake Roundup, National WWII WASP Homecoming, Nolan County Fair, Ranch Rodeo, Chuck Wagon Cook Off, and “Sisters on the Fly” reunion, Beat the Street run and bike race, AJRA Rodeo Finals, NIRA College Rodeo, and many other rodeos and competitions.
- Organize and oversee two community leadership programs: Leadership Sweetwater, provided for selected adults from the community; and Future Sweetwater, – provided for selected sophomores attending Sweetwater High School.
- Quality of life is bettered as events are planned and hosted by The Chamber throughout the year such as the annual Sparks in the Parks 4th of July Celebration, New Teachers Luncheon, Annual Chamber Banquet, Light Christmas Parade and Christmas on the Square, and multiple UIL football playoff games held in the historic, award-winning Sweetwater Mustang Bowl.
- Demographic information source for companies or individuals considering relocation to the area.
WHY WE DO IT
Small town…big life. It just doesn’t happen. It takes ongoing effort, planning, and lots of hard work. Here at The Chamber we live our mission: Promote, Develop, and Improve the Economy of Sweetwater and Nolan County. We believe in our communities, the businesses, and the citizens that choose to live and grow here. Through continuous thought and efforts, we will live life big in our piece of Texas — Sweetwater and the communities of Nolan County.
The Chamber, Sweetwater & Nolan County Chamber of Commerce
810 E Broadway
P.O. Box 1148
Sweetwater, TX 79556
Fax (325) 235-1026
8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Closed for lunch 12-1 P.M.